Journey of a National Guard Soldier going Active

Friday, July 30, 2004

Got my Gadgets

I got most of my gadgets I bought off the net today, the last week has been a steady stream of comfort items being delivered that thought would make life a little bit easier over there. I got my Ipod last week. It's kind of funny, the same night that the Ipod was delivered I found a website that bashed the Ipod talking about how the battery doesnt last long and how at pretty much exactly 18 months the Lithium Ion battery just flat out dies. haha...Well it's a good thing that the Government only deploys us for a max of 18 months and not longer cuz I'd be SOL. I got around 450 songs and I'm kind of in a writer's block for music downloading . Hmm..what else came. oh ya, call it a bad omen or whatever but I call it better safe than sorry, I bought me this thing called QuickClot where it's applied to wounds and stops bleeding. We're National Guard so high-speed stuff is not always there for us, plus I'd rather have it next to me to use for me or my battle rather than wait for a medic who might be too far away, I also bought me a Digital Video Camera, I'd like to capture the experience there of me and my brothers and sisters over there. One thing's been buggin me tho, I heard from a buddy that DVC's arent allowed over there, I hope this aint true, cuz I paid 400$ for that and I'll be damned if it was for nothing, lol, my own fault though..should've found out first. Pretty much the rest is self explanatory, Camelbak, Shades, a knife, and some books too (on the way) and that about it. I hope it won't make me seem a little too overpreparing, it is a little hasty I guess, but it's easier to get it now than later. On our half-assed AT in a few days, Imma find out bout the whole Powdered Graphite for our M-16's, Whatever happens, there's always a bright side of it.

I drink to make other people interesting.
-George Jean Nathan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

12/03/2006 6:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

12/04/2006 2:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home