Journey of a National Guard Soldier going Active

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Back "home"

I'm glad to be back, and that's creeping me out. While I was home, I had a blast, but a little part of me felt like I didn't belong. I hated driving when there were other cars on the road, not used to all these cars so close to me..haha.

I hung out with my old friends, got drunk, went paintballing, and just hung out. I had fun, but it just didn't feel 100% comfortable. I don't know.

It was fun though, I remember one night we somehow ended up drunken bowling at The Orleans at 3 am, the whole next day was re-cuperation day, but it was well worth it. I met new friends, got closer to my old ones. It was good. But the whole time I missed it here.

Bleh...I dunno..but it's good to be back, going back out in a couple of days. So the last 2 weeks of vacation could almost be just a dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chevy Rose said...

Just wanted to pop by and say, "Thank You", plus I'm glad you got some R&R.
You're in my prayers everyday. Keep your head down and stay safe.

8/24/2005 5:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You finish that mission, and bring yourself and your buddies home.

Your home...my home... and their home.

hugs to you.

8/24/2005 9:00 PM

 
Blogger membrain said...

I just realized you put in a comments section. Glad you had a good vacation. Thanks for serving. Godspeed.

8/24/2005 10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home