Journey of a National Guard Soldier going Active

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm gonna be an Infantryman? What what what?

Um..ya.

So I go to MEPS looking to be a Medic (68W) and somehow I come back with a 3 yr enlistment in the Infantry. I'm still trying to get with the 4/2 SBCT but there's gonna be alot of hurdles to go through to get it, cuz as of now, it's alll up to the needs of the Army. I'm surprised I even go a Bonus, being prior service and all.

I'm gonna be honest though, my ass is outta shape.

I. am. a. fat. turd.

So ya, I got 3 weeks to run like hell so when I get to AIT I'll be able to keep up with the newbies.

holy shit, my mom is gonna be piiiiissed.

my girls already pissed at me. hahaha. I told her that I was going up to be a medic. She tells me she doesn't want me to be infantry. Ok, ok, babe. I won't be infantry...um..ya....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My girls"

Wahoo! How many?

:)

I whish you all the best for the MEPS!

10/18/2006 8:26 PM

 
Blogger Hoots said...

Hi, Ramrod.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. I have added your place to my aggregator and plan to follow what you write for a while. I hope you find satisfaction in your new assignmnets.

It's not every day that someone pauses blogging -- for a YEAR already -- then resumes. That strikes me as remarkable. Let's hope military regs don't get in your way. It seems to me that private blogging should be on the list of freedoms for which you are serving. It would be a shame to have that small outlet taken away.

Take care of yourself and keep writing.

10/19/2006 4:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping you would start up writing again.
Good Luck!

10/25/2006 9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home