Journey of a National Guard Soldier going Active

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

PT....good for you...good for me....Sonofa......

One thing I dont think I'll ever get used to in the Army no matter how long I serve; waking up so frickin early. Even if I go to sleep and get 8-10 hours of sleep or 4 hours of sleep, I still wake-up feeling tired. Woke up at 4 for a Diagnostic PT test. Man oh man was it coooooollllddd. Had to be around mid 30's with the wind chill. I barely passed my damn run. Pushup and Situp I can pass all day every day with out trying, but that run...I'm telling ya..I got shafted with some shitty running genes.

Later on, like yesterday, off to the motor pool to work on HV's. They're coming along quite nicely. I learned alot in one day. Might I add that I was raised by a single ASIAN mother, so when it comes to typical "guy" stuff, I am soo lost, but damn you, when it comes to cooking I kick MONDO ass. I just despise the doing the dishes. I made Christmas Dinner last year and my mom told me that it was better then Nana's (ex-stepdad's mother...who BTW is italian) so YA....

There was a guy that's in the unit that I'm in now (Us FNG's will be replacing guys like him) this is his second go, and he's in the reserves. He got home from OIF 1 and 2 days before his "90 day grace period" he got a call to come back. He missed his son's 1st and 2nd birthday. I feel bad for the guy. Ya, its your "duty" and all that shit. but his name should never have been in the hat to go back. The Army is sooooooo stingy on cutting people loose from "Stop-loss"

I'm getting off the track a lil bit but I just wanted to rant a little bit.
Politically correct mode off -- "the media are the ones that dictate and decide what goes on in the war, not the gov't"

think about that one for a sec before you call me a blind right wing war monger

you think if there was this much "fair and balanced" media (Both American and Arab News) coverage on WW2, the Army would've still operated the same way it did? Take the town of Dresden, Germany. It was known as a safehaven for refugees fleeing the Russians. It was seen as a non-critical German City with no military stategic importance. And yet it was firebombed towards the end of the War in February of 1945. 3907 tons of bombs were dropped on the City. An estimated number of at least 25,000 to 135,000 people were incinerated through that campaign.

Winston Churchill "It seems to me that the moment has come when the question of bombing of German cities simply for the sake of increasing the terror, though under other pretexts, should be reviewed ... The destruction of Dresden remains a serious query against the conduct of Allied bombing."

It was said by spotty intelligence that there was some Germany Army presence there but there was also a widely spread belief that the reason behind the bombing was to prove the might of the RAF to the russians.

You think shit like this would be allowed back then, with the way teh media is now? SHIT NO.
If so we would've just done the same thing with Fallujah. Crude and Inhumane? Yes. Worth it? we'll never know. But I can guarantee you the 53 deaths from the taking of fallujah would've said yes. you might beg to differ, but you'll never know what it's like to be out here. Some people will obviously be outraged if something like this happened..that fine. you have the luxury to never know what it's like out here and to chat with you're co-workers and friends and pretend that you know what the hell you're talking because you're just repeating what ever the fuck the fucking media decided to put out that night for ratings.

What the fuck do you think war is. A serious of nice humane deaths? It's fucking chaotic, disorganized, lawless pure hell. You expect a soldier to remember all the codes in the UCMJ and laws and rules of this and that? The FUCKING KID DOESNT WANT TO DIE!!!! What would YOU do to stay alive? The kid just saw his best friend get shot and die right next to him and so he shoots the enemy, wounding him. fuck wounding him. IT'S A WAR. If the enemy gets healed, he comes back to kill us, SHOOT TO KILL. He's injured, so fucking what. Kill him. Has the enemy shown us mercy? Hell no. Why the fuck should we show them? "Oh, because we're better than that. That's why we're AMERICANS" ?!?! If a person went up to your mother and killed her in the name of god. will you still be an AMERICAN then? be humane, bring him to justice the fair way. FUCK that. you hunt the MOTHERFUCKER down and I'd make him suffer 10 times worse..so much so that in his next life, he'll still remember what I did to him. The CARE worker Margaret Hassan was a 59 year old woman who did nothing but help people all her life. She was helping Iraq even when Saddam was still in power. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT. Be nice? Show compassion? FUCK THAT. You don't know how these fanatics operate. for you to think that there's a peaceful resolution to this "religious war have sadly mistaken themselves. The only was to fight this is to be swift, fast and unmerciful. Sadly, and realistically, innocent people will die, either from firefights, or from the suicide bombings that going on now. This war will turn into an ongoing battle to the likes (but not the scale, nor hopefully the scales) of the Jews and the Palestinians. Maybe now I'm starting to talk out of my ass, so maybe it's time I stop. I got so much more ranting up in my head but I can't unjumble it and put it into words.


"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy."
----St. Francis of Assisi

I wish the world was truely like this, so easy. so simple

Wow...what I thought was going to be a few sentences ended up being alot of stuff...dang...anyways.

Enough bout moi, time to vamanos and be lazy elsewhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger JulieB said...

Geez, nice rant. S'OK. Actually I work in an office and nobody thinks the job you guys have is easy. It's pretty damn hard and no one knows what they will do in a bad situation until they are actually in it.

OK. Here's an example. I'm a girl person (don't let the name fool you) and I'm trying to do the right thing so I take some self defense classes and I do OK. I have fast reflexes and I practiced. So a couple years ago, a guy breaks into my house. It's 4am and I live alone. I hear something and wake up. I'm lyin' in bed and I said "hello, anyone there?" This guy takes two steps into my bedroom and lies down on top of the covers, with his hands on either side of my head and says "yeah, what do you want?" OK. So my hands are on his biceps and he's full length on top of me and his face is 10" from mine. Ah huh. I said, cool as I could, "go away". He says "why" and I can tell he's been drinking, I said, "just go away". A couple seconds later I repeated it. And you know what? He left. I counted to 20 and wrapped the bedspread around me and went out to the kitchen and called the police.
But I had no idea what would happen when I was that frightened. I've since learned that I'm a cool head in a bad situation. At least until I'm out of danger and then I cry my eyes out. How lame is that?
So nobody can judge, because they don't really know. Don't read that stuff in the press either, it'll just make you depressed. I read it and then read some of the blogs on the good stuff people are doing in Iraq. It just needs perspective. Happy things, good things, don't sell newspapers, only the bad stuff does.
Hang in there, there are alot of people here rooting for you and praying you stay safe.
And, since I'm a girl, I can send you a hug as well.
See you.

12/14/2004 6:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home