Journey of a National Guard Soldier going Active

Friday, February 04, 2005

goin craaazzeeee

Yesterday I made friends with a fly.
Yes, I know. I got back from our amazingly boring mision around noon. I opted to clean the 50. Cal, so I went behind the connex where I was alone, set my 50 up and started cleanin. I'm exhausted mind you...just wanna get this shit done and get the hell up outta there. So here comes a single fly buzzing around me..landing on me. Adn for the record. I HATE FLIES. I've mastered a way to kill those satanic bastards. But today, I just didn't have the energy. So I pretty much said out loud to the fly. "not today, I'm exhausted" lol. At that moment the fly stops messing with me and just lands right next to my gatorade and just stays there for a good 15 seconds.

"What? You want some gatorade?"

So I twist off the cap and pour some near the fly, normally these paranoid schizophrenic bastards would zip off anytime we come near em..but this one actually came close to me hand as I pour a lil bit on the table. So I go back cleanin my 50. cal and the fly's just chillin..sippin on some gator.

So I decided to ask the fly...

"Why you guys always gotta be all up in our food and shit??"

his response

"How else am I supposed to eat? It's not like I can ask for permission"

"hmmm..point taken, what If I leave a lil something on the side of the table..THEN..will you stop landing on my plate?"

he replies... "It's a start"

so ya..there's more after that..but still...

got a mission north tomorrow..gotta get some shut eye...

When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane.
-- Hermann Hesse

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was just great. Thanks for sharing.

Joy
Veteran

2/04/2005 1:20 AM

 
Blogger janie said...

I think I heard that.... anyone who isn't crazy is way too sane for their own good.....

2/04/2005 1:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home